Monday, August 4, 2008

Top 8 things you gotta know about SzeMay's past 3 weeks.

1. I met my parents. And Sister.



It's been almost a year since i saw them. Oh well, minus the daily web meetings with my mom, and occasional msn messages with my sis. I was anxious to meet them as i step out from the arrival's terminal, nervous when i see no sign of them, and relieved to finally see the oh so familiar shadows of theirs.


How time flies. It's a joy to finally see them in person, but it hurts to see how aged my parents have been. And owh, my love-hate relationship with reunions. (i hate farewells)


*
*
*

2. Going on vacation.


No serving coffees, no grilling paninis, no dealing with annoying customers. Best of all, no feeling that I am wasting my fucking time. I AM ON A HOLIDAY. =) Sightseeing is one thing, not having to worry whether i will be late for work the next day is another. Oh my, when was the last time i went for a vacation?



*
*
*


3. Backpacking.


Yeah, I know, didn't I just mentioned that I was on a vacation? Backpacking is a whole new level, babe. Limited budget, recycled clothings, not speaking+understanding the local language, experiencing the real deal from the street, and with just a lonely planet guide on our hands... we are not having any ordinary holiday folks, we are having time of our (at least mine) life by EXPLORING, ya'll! xD




what better way to seek adventure and meet new people, eh? And owh, with all those distance covered by our dear legs, we are so geared up... Walk-athons? Bring it on!


*
*
*


4. Cheating the system, and NOT getting caught.

As I said, we have LOW BUDGET. So any chance of saving money, count us in. Apparently they never check the tickets when u take the local transportation in Vienna. Enough Said. *evil grin*


*
*
*

5. Cheating the system, AND getting caught.

Thinking that the system in Budapest will the same, opps, we did it again. Only that this time, we were busted. Again, enough said. *guilty look*


*
*
*


6. Trapped in deep shit.

This is interesting. There is no "we" in this deep shit, only me. (owh, in case u are confused, the "we" refers to me and my sister)

I have always been reluctant for my trip to end and return to the boring old routine of mine. AND NOW I REGRET SAYING (or even thinking about) IT. cuz i think it might have jinxed what could happen to me next.

Apparently you need a visa even though you are just, (i repeat, JUST) transiting in Canada. And yes, you guessed right, I have none. Having no other options, I was given an extra day for a solo adventure in central London, (no lonely planet guide this time, only the superbly simplified underground system ma)p and get that damn visa before being able to fly home. See? wish granted... after that, I dare not say i am reluctant to go home anymore.



*
*
*

7. Spending the night at the airport.

It's just another type of camping, i said to myself. Just that this time, No Shower, No brushing teeth, No sleeping well, No complete privacy in the toilet (meaning no shitting with ease).


I searched for several potential "bed" in the airport, and i settled with 3 seats which arms rests are broken. My backpack is my pillow, my jacket with my arms wrapped around me is my blanket, and owh, a storybook I bought is my bolster. The announcement made every 15 minutes is my snoozing alarm. What else could i wish for?


*
*
*


8. Spent more than 36 hours in airports, and slept less than 10 hours in 3 days, seriously.

The sleepover and the delayed flights. Great. Now i am airport-phobic/fly-o-phobic. if that is not enough, add in fatigue and exhaustion. You wouldn't believe how happy i was when i turned the knob of my door, and stepped into my house for the first time. Owh, my dear lovely bed, how i never noticed you before, and I am so sorry for all those criticism i complaint about u. sorrriiee.

*
*
*

Congratulations. You have now completed the top 8 things you should know about szemay's past 3 weeks. Thank you for ur time and patience. All the above events are facts. None of them were made up, and no one is physically injured during the events. Copyright reserved 2008.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Note to sis: (on why i didn't call before i fly)-
Imagine feeling anxious when you are on the waiting list, not knowing for sure if you are able to board the flight. Picture two huge luggages with you and not being able to left it unattended cuz it will be confiscated by authorities. How about 10 minutes left for you to report to the gate and you haven't even pass the security, what do you do? you RUN.
(heheh, hope the excuses are well enough, i could certainly come up with more if you want)

Note to everyone
: -
for more pictures, please check out my facebook. If those are not enough for you, it is a sign that you should be less busybody.


other than that, Cheers people! =D

No comments: