Sunday, May 11, 2008

things that i am missing out

and so the beautiful summer has arrived (despite the crazy thunderstorms i am experiencing now in Bloomington), and call me a fool or even idiot, i had made my mind to stay back and spend the next four months here.



and these are the stuffs that i am missing out if i bought a ticket home instead:



1. mega blockbusters.

yea, this coming out from me who is currently in the United States, where Hollywood belongs. but let's face it, my place isn't any glamorous like New York or LA. it's BLOOMINGTON for god's sake. movie tickets cost the same in Malaysia, but it's in US Dollars, and the movie theater is far WORST than the cinema back in Bukit Jambul. seriously.

and summer is the season of mega-must-watch-blockbusters, AND I am actually gonna miss these -



GREAT. and even though i am in Indiana, i am also missing out the latest Indiana Jones (the only thing people know about Indiana).





2. FOOD

the last time i ever had proper Malaysian food was when i visited New York. That is the closest i could get to the Char Koey Teow in Lorong Selamat. and it's been 4 months now that i had been cooking my own meal. and i have to admit i am not a good cook. I MISS MY MOM'S COOKING LA K? gah, every meal i cooked for myself is just for the sake of filling up my tummy; as in satisfying my taste buds? naahh.





3. FRIENDS and FAMILY

it has been 271 days since i left Penang and 169 days since i met the others in Chicago. I wonder what my friends and family are up to right now while this blog is being produced?



  • will the ex-prefects be having our 'annual gathering'?


  • i bet Jinny, Guan, Arthur and gang will head to the clubs every week this summer; and owh, will Tat be a new kaki in the clubbing gang?
  • and and and... I HEARD THAT MOIS IS GOOD....... =(
  • how about Corrinne? will she be even keeping in touch with others?
  • I heard that Xin Lin is (or was) back in Penang; arrgggh, how i wish to be part of the gossip when Jing Ting, Shea Shuang, Shih Yi and gang talk about it during one of their "dates";
  • Is Amy Tan still the principal of Convent Light Street? I wonder if Miss Kanageswari still torture the fifth and fourth formers in Addmaths? ooowwh, is the gila babi Puan Malini still there? and what happened to the new hall renovation they had been talking for ages?

  • gaaah, what's up with my biotches latetly? (yes, Eileen, Hooi Pin, Wei Wei, Florence, Michelle... I am talking bout u guys!! xD)... the last time I talked to Eileen was during CNY, and the only source i get my updates is from faichai, other than that, I am LOST...i miss you guys so much!!! >.<
  • since my sis is back home, i believe my parents are in good hands; but what's with their addiction to mahjong lately? playing till 3am daily/weekly?
  • I am still waiting for Angeline's reply on facebook.... she writes on everyone's wall but mine... hermm, I wonder why; but how is she lately??? and how's May Teoh coping as the new head of ADP in Inti?


  • one of my cousin is in the states, I wonder how is her student exchange experience so far; I bet she is having a blast! how's my other cousin taking SPM this year deal with it? hah, it just makes me think about the last time i had SPM... ooo, freaky, to realized how fast time flies....

  • gin ying must have reached Penang and gulping all the hawker food by now; others will join her shortly. how's summer holiday going to be without me back home? bah... i think too much. it may not even make a difference. x|
  • is ban mee still operating at the same spot? still the same price? still the same taste?
  • I heard there's more shops now in Queensbay; but I wouldn't be bother bout it anyways....
  • owh wait, is Penang becoming more LA-LA ness???
  • Didn't I mentioned it before, I MISS HAWKER/MY MOM'S/MY AUNT'S/MAMAK's food?


4. the familiarity and coziness and convenience and home-ness and everything else i grew up with

i miss my car, though it is a crappy one.
i haven't drive for a while.
i hate taking the bus.
i am sick of walking.
i don't like the situation where transportation is the issue and i am unfamiliar with the surroundings.
i am beginning to get bored of my job.
i am tired of living alone.
i want to sleep on my comfy bed, not my cheapskate bed here.
i miss my maid.
i run out of clean clothes and underwear occasionally because i am lazy to do my laundry.
i am tired everyday after working and peer tutoring.
i am sick of eating unhealthy, sinful, fattening food everyday.
i want food to be served to me everyday.





oh god.


i am whining like a baby now.



and all those complaints about food make me hungry.



*
*
*



i miss home, family, penang, friends, food, people, cars, everything. but life goes on.



yes, life goes on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er, dates? What dates? And yes I hear XL was back! But I takde news 'sides that lah, meh.

Okaylah bagi mai address, I'll see what I can do ;) Aaaand, treat yourself to ONE movie at least lah :) Parents going over kan? Get Mum to cook?

BIGBIGHUG

I'm sorry I won't be around to jemput you when you actually cross the Atlantic in July =/ Come again..? xxx

ah moi said...

maybe not dates.. but the get together thing with the rest? and owh, though i am not there,perhaps some effort to keep on the prefects gathering? :p

MY ADDRESS IS (i'll send it thru facebook) DOES THAT MEAN... hohohohohoho -tak sabar sabar-

yes! although my parents shud be on vacation, i'mma ask my mommy to cook!!! =D

come again? good thought... probably by the time i would be able to cross the atlantic again you would be gone. unless someone decided to be warganegara British. lol

MISS U HUN!

Anonymous said...

*sah-loot* I'll try to get the ex-prefs together :) Am only going back 23rd June though. We might have to change to KL since so many people there.

Haha, "someone" wants to go back to work lah. Warganegara a bit difficult. Gah, we all need a honest-to-goodness catchup session.